I’ll be straight with you: kombucha is not for everyone. For me, it was love at first sip. It’s a fizzy alternative to soda (which I don’t drink), it’s reminiscent of drinking vinegar (which I prefer to sweet stuff) and it’s fermented (which means it lends a helping hand to our likely struggling microbiomes).
In plain talk, it’s fermented tea.
But I soon found that my habit for buying this concoction was costing me a pretty penny. Plus, plenty of store-bought varieties are loaded with extra sugar, which kind of defeats all the “Yay! This is healthy for me” vibes that I dig.
In homemade ‘booch, you can control the amount of sugar through the fermentation process, so I started making my own. And it was good. Like, really good. And inexpensive. And most of all, FUN.
And when things are fun, I want to share them with you in workshop form, in a sick space, where we can run around and experiment together.
In this workshop you’ll learn:
- The history of the ‘booch
- WTF a SCOBY is
- The best types of tea and sugar to use for optimal SCOBY health
- The right ratios of tea, sugar and water
- What containers are best for brewing
- How to store and how long to ferment your brew
- How to do a second fermentation for fizziness
- Tips for flavoring and bottling
What you’ll get:
- A pretty amazingly delicious kombucha tasting
- A SCOBY of your very own to love and nurture
- A mason jar that may of may not have a fun quote on it
- Written and emailed instructions so you don’t have to remember a GD thing
What to bring:
- Nada. Unless you want to bring a hot friend, or a first date, or a puppy. All good options.
- Have at least 4 people? Request a private class.
Can't make it?
Sign up to be notified when more classes are announced!
We'll only use your email to alert you of new classes. And we'll never share it with others. In fact, we don't even know how to do that.